A study found 76% of employees believe that a “clearly defined business strategy” helped create a positive culture.
Corporate culture is the behaviors, attitudes, and norms across the workforce. Culture is all around us and brings ties to teamwork, morale, productivity, and efficiency. Due to the routine nature of corporate culture, however, shifting behaviors and problem-solving techniques can be very challenging.
Systems and technologies are dependencies to a great corporate culture. They are the tools used to problem-solve and communicate. Creating a data-driven culture looks at ways to embed data processes and tools into the organizational model for fact-based decision-making.
Below are eight priorities and recommendations to shifting to a data-driven culture.
- Give permission - Remove as many restrictions as you can and allow your workforce to think and act BIG.
- Motivate - Establish a champion committee or invest in resources to encourage teammates.
- Create a win-win reward system - Define the financial gains and personal gains from establishing a data-driven culture.
- Paint a new mental picture - Establish what “great” looks like and overlap familiar methods to help reach the destination.
- Give the power - Enable your teams with self-service analytics so they can better engage with the data.
- Show and tell - Demonstrate success stories with your team to prove that their work is worth it.
- Entrepreneurship – Leverage agile and bi-modal approaches to ideating and launching new products.
- Let the team create the solution – Encourage bottom-up thinking where analysts and end-users can invest in the ideations.
Encouraging your team to ideate, allowing their influence in business strategy, and treating data as an asset for decision-making are ways you can improve your data-driven corporate culture. Learn more by reviewing our Learning Brief: Top 8 Priorities in Shifting to a Data-Driven Culture.
Written by CCG, an organization in Tampa, Florida, that helps companies become more insights-driven, solve complex challenges and accelerate growth through industry-specific data and analytics solutions.