Business leaders may believe that they need to start from zero when thinking about pushing a Data Governance Program in their organization. Sometimes, these leaders may also feel that they do not know where to begin. The truth is that you may still be in what we call "the passive phase," and your enterprise has some aspects of Data Governance already employed within the enterprise. Still, there are no organizational standards in place. With this common situation in mind, there are three ways in which businesses can get prepared for launching a Data Governance program in 60 days:
1) Get assessed: Before jumping straight into a Data Governance program implementation, you will need to understand your organization's level of maturity and the main areas of focus when it comes to data. CCG offers a RapidDG assessment solution, a six to eight-week engagement focused on your business's specific needs while yielding powerful results. The engagement's main goal is to provide a relatively rapid assessment, deriving actionable insights that could be quickly implemented with minimal disruption. The components covered in a RapidDG engagement include:
- Data Governance Program Set-Up: Evaluation and detailed recommendation of current Data Governance program with feedback on roles and responsibilities (people), processes, technology, and data.
- Actionable Roadmap Development: A 12-month roadmap detailing the milestones and requirements based on your Data Governance maturity. Documentation also includes essential tools, templates, and advisory services needed to manage a Data Governance program.
- Operating Model Enablement: Creation of an operational system, based on CCG's expertise and your organization's focus and knowledge, that defines and establishes a sustainable Data Governance program. We review and prioritize tasks (including policies and procedures) and assess needs based on our established Data Governance framework.
2) Build the business case: To enable a successful Data Governance program, it is important to understand its value to the organization. Launching a Data Governance initiative not only empowers all users, giving business stakeholders a larger voice on how their data is presented and managed, it also yields tangible business and IT benefits that include:
- Increased revenue: Improve profitability with better analytics for enhanced decision-making.
- Reduced costs: Facilitate business processes through new operational efficiencies.
- Risk minimization: Reduce regulatory compliance risk and improve confidence in operational and management decisions.
3) Educate the workforce: Knowledge is power, and people react best to a change in established work practices when it is clearly articulated throughout the enterprise. Therefore, a large emphasis on our Data Governance program is organizational change management, training, and data literacy. At CCG, we have found that a clear line of communication of the reasons for implementing a Data Governance program and a clear expectation of what it means for the organization's workforce results in great support from the stakeholders and larger success of the initiative. At the end of the day, it's the people side of change that enables an effective implementation.
If you are thinking of employing a Data Governance program in your organization, you can prepare over the next 60 days to ensure a successful implementation. Get help assessing your data needs, build your business case, and educate your workforce. Remember that one of the main goals for starting a Data Governance program is for the enterprise to recognize the value of data and treat it as a corporate asset. A successful program implementation will result in a more data-driven organization in its capabilities and decision support. An experienced partner like CCG will guide you every step of the way.
Learn more about launching a Data Governance initiative by visiting us online at https://ccganalytics.com/solutions/data-governance-data-management or calling an expert at (813) 265-3239.
Written by CCG, an organization in Tampa, Florida, that helps companies become more insights-driven, solve complex challenges and accelerate growth through industry-specific data and analytics solutions.
CCG understood our project needs very well, they are very responsive and we could not ask for anything more. The solution they provided fit perfectly with our expectations and business goals.GOP Data TrustChief Data Officer
I cannot overstate the delight we experienced from the outcome of our project. I would not only recommend CCG to any company, but question why they would engage with anyone but CCG.PgiDirector of Customer Success
Working with CCG is like working with extended team members. Consultants become an integral part of the work bringing expertise for cutting edge design and development.Hillsborough County Public SchoolsChief Information and Technology Officer
CCG's team is positive and eager. They are a great big bunch of wonderful people trying to make a difference.Hillsborough County Public SchoolsDepartment Manager
I knew CCG's technical expertise and dedication to quality results would be invaluable to our project success based on our past partnerships. We could not have implemented in the short timeframe like we did without their assistance. CCG is #1 on my speed dial for successful project implementation.InCommDirector, Financial Information Systems
It was evident from the onset of negotiations through the implementation that CCG took their role in the partnership to heart and we believe it has been instrumental in our success.Interval InternationalDirector of Marketing
CCG works very hard to understand and align with our needs. It truly feels as though we are on the same team!Fortune 500 HomebuilderBI Manager
CCG came to our company in a time of much change. Their team partnered with ours, continually delivering with professionalism and efficiency. We would not be where we are today without the expertise CCG brought to the project.PSCU Financial ServicesSenior Program Manager
CCG has a good industry knowledge, we are very happy that we chose to work with CCG. They have been a great help strategically and are helping us make important decisions.Minneapolis Public SchoolsHuman Capital Coordinator
Other Vendors use the word Partnership, but CCG actually means what they say. I can’t thank them enough for their professionalism and willingness to work with us as a true Partner, not just another vendor.PODSCIO
Our CCG Consultants are total rock stars: very thorough with a solid knowledge of the financial services industry. As a bonus, they are very easy to get along with – a great fit for our team.Raymond James Financial ServicesSenior Manager of Enterprise Data
CCG's team are all amazing. Thank you, CCG, for all that you do to make us great and keep our credit unions moving forward!PSCU Financial ServicesVP Enterprise Analytics & BI
Other Vendors use the word Partnership, but CCG actually means what they say. I can’t thank them enough for their professionalism and willingness to work with us as a true Partner, not just another vendor.PODSChief Information Officer
CCG's Team is very professional and responsive. They are making our job very easy.Rollins, Inc.Senior BI Analyst
CCG did an excellent job! Their team was very flexible. They gave us everything we asked for and then some.Rooms To GoSenior BI Architect
I'm amazed at the talent at CCG, not just the skillset - they're really good people. We've already referred them once and will do so again!Ruth's Chris Hospitality GroupCIO
CCG did a great job! We're extremely impressed with what was built in a short time. CCG has delivered ahead of time and with best practices, it's been a pleasure to work with them.VologyVP of Analytics
2502 N. Rocky Point Drive, #650, Tampa, FL 33607
Phone: 813.968.3238 | Fax: 813.200.1357
8000 Avalon Blvd. Suite #100, Alpharetta, GA
Phone: 404.328.7298 | Fax: 813.200.1357